Member Benefit: Summer Associate Programming
Pro bono has become a significant part of the summer associate experience and a crucial differentiator as talented law students make decisions about their futures. Each year, Law Firm Pro Bono Project staff members participate in a number of informational programs, during which we, along with firm partners, directors, managers, coordinators, associates, and pro bono committee members, discuss an array of pro bono-related topics, such as:
- relationship of pro bono to professional and skill development;
- national trends in pro bono;
- “hot” and emerging areas in pro bono;
- developments in in-house pro bono;
- pro bono and access to justice current events; and
- the particular operations of the firm’s pro bono program and new initiatives.
These programs are important representations of a firm’s commitment to pro bono and useful tools for orienting and engaging your newest recruits. We are happy to tailor our participation and the program design to your firm’s specific needs.
If your Member Law Firm is interested in scheduling and designing a meeting (which may be conducted in person or by video) as part of your summer associate program, please contact Law Firm Pro Bono Project Assistant Elysse DeRita. Please note that it may not be possible to fill all requests this year, so schedule your event soon.