A Month of the CLO & Pro Bono Series
Interested in the world of in-house pro bono? We’ve created a brand new podcast just for you! PBI’s newest podcast series, the CLO & Pro Bono Series has been on air for a month, featuring the following chief legal officers of Corporate Pro Bono Challenge® signatories discussing the importance of pro bono and equal access to justice:
- Craig Silliman, Executive Vice President of Public Policy and General Counsel of Verizon Communications**. Silliman shares highlights from his department’s pro bono efforts and why he is passionate about access to justice.
- Michael Holston, executive vice president and general counsel of Merck & Co., Inc.**. Holston provides insight into Merck’s pro bono program and shares why being a CPBO Challenge® signatory is important, as well as how the Merck Foundation supports the legal department’s pro bono partners.
- Marcus Brown, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Entergy Corporation**. Brown talks about the dramatic growth of Entergy’s pro bono program and the development of the Self Help Resource Center which has served nearly 8,000 individuals in just three years.
- Alex Dimitrief, general counsel and senior vice president for General Electric Company** and his colleague Kate O’Leary, global executive litigation counsel and head of GE’s pro bono coordinating committee. Dimitrief and O’Leary discuss GE’s pro bono program, its pro bono efforts around the world, Dimitrief’s goal of 100% participation, and much more.
Wish you could know the second a new podcast comes out? Then subscribe to the CLO & Pro Bono Series Podcast in iTunes. Have you rated us on iTunes yet? Yes? Thank you! No? Would you consider doing it now? The podcast is also available on YouTube. Links to episodes can be found here. Join the conversation today!
We’re still learning, so listen along and let us know what you think. Send your comments, thoughts, feedback, questions, and suggestions to CPBO.
† denotes a Member of the Law Firm Pro Bono Project
* denotes a Law Firm Pro Bono Challenge® signatory
** denotes a Corporate Pro Bono Challenge® signatory