CPBO Challenge® Signatories Shine in America’s 50 Outstanding General Counsel
The National Law Journal recently released its annual ranking of America’s 50 Outstanding General Counsel, which recognizes chief legal officers who lead not only their legal teams but in their communities. Highlighting the growing importance of in-house pro bono, the NLJ considers each CLO’s dedication to providing pro bono work to the underrepresented when selecting the 50 outstanding general counsel.
The PBEye is excited to note that 15 of the 50 attorneys listed as America’s outstanding general counsel lead departments that are signatories to the Corporate Pro Bono Challenge® initiative:
- Ricardo Anzaldua (MetLife Inc.**)
- Ona Alston Dosunmu (The Brookings Institution**)
- Cameron Findlay (Archer-Daniels-Midland Company**)
- Michael Fricklas (Viacom Inc.**)
- Timothy Harris (Prudential Financial, Inc.**)
- Nicole Jones (CIGNA Corporation**)
- Sandra Leung (Bristol-Myers Squibb Company**)
- John Page (Golden State Foods Corp.**)
- Craig Morford (Cardinal Health, Inc.**)
- Mark Roellig (Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company**)
- Gloria Santona (McDonald’s Corporation**)
- John Schultz (Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company**)
- Marianne D. Short (UnitedHealth Group Incorporated**)
- Craig Silliman (Verizon Communications Inc.**)
- Lawrence Tu (CBS Corporation**)
Two of the 15, Santona and Shultz, were called out for their dedication to pro bono, along with Evan Farber, The Advisory Board Co., and Louise Pentland, PayPal Holdings Inc. We congratulate all of these CLOs for their outstanding work and their ongoing commitment to access to justice.
Join CPBO in celebrating the pro bono achievements of all CPBO Challenge® signatories at the 2016 PBI Annual Dinner, which will be held November 3 in New York. To become a signatory and affirm your department’s commitments to equal access to justice contact CPBO.
** denotes a CPBO Challenge® signatory