You Might Be a Pro Bono Junkie If…
In honor of comedian Jeff Foxworthy’s 55th birthday, The PBEye decided to take a page from his book and create our own version of his famous “you might be a redneck” jokes.
The following list is not exhaustive, but “you might be a pro bono junkie” if…
- You have attended each of the 16 PBI Annual Conferences (cheers to Jonathan Baum, director of pro bono services, Katten Muchin Rosenman†).
- You know the multijurisdictional practice rules that apply to registered in-house counsel in every state without referencing the
CPBO Guide to In-House Pro Bono Multijurisdictional Practice Rules.
- You have spoken as a panelist regarding pro bono at the PBI Annual Conference, ACC Annual Meeting, and on a PBI webinar.
- You are attending the 2013 PBI Annual Dinner and Convocation on November 7 and have the 2014 PBI Annual Conference (March 4 – 7) already marked on your calendar.
- You have written a blog about pro bono junkies.
- You won the PBI Chesterfield Smith Award for your extraordinary courage and commitment to pro bono.
- You met your spouse or significant other while providing pro bono legal services.
- You are featured in a “Why do pro bono” video on The PBEye.
- You have PBI President and CEO Esther Lardent on speed dial.
- You have volunteered at five or more Clinic in a BoxSM Programs.
- You have contributed to A Survey of Pro Bono Practices and Opportunities in Selected Jurisdictions (thank you Latham & Watkins*†).
And to all of the readers of The PBEye, what makes you a pro bono junkie?
* denotes a Signatory to the Law Firm Pro Bono Challenge®
† denotes a Member of the Law Firm Pro Bono Project