Looking Ahead to In-House Pro Bono in 2013
If you are like us at CPBO, you can hardly believe 2012 is nearly over! We recently hosted our last pre-planning meeting for 2013 and will soon move on to the implementation phase. How about you and your legal department or ACC Chapter? What are your plans for 2013 with regard to your pro bono efforts? Do they include one or more of the following?
- starting a pro bono program
- increasing participation
- selecting a new project or developing a signature project
- improving internal or external communications
- partnering with another legal department or ACC Chapter or with a law firm or legal services organization
- purchasing professional liability insurance
- going global
- advocating for better practice rules regarding authorized in-house counsel providing pro bono legal services
- hosting a Clinic in a BoxSM program
- learning more about pro bono efforts at other legal departments and ACC Chapters
- researching the legal needs of your community to determine the areas of greatest need
- adopting metrics
- signing the Corporate Pro Bono ChallengeSM
Whether your 2013 plans resemble the above list or not, the CPBO team is here to work with you to set your pro bono goals and achieve them! In the meantime, we hope you and yours are enjoying a wonderful holiday season and we wish you all the best in 2013.